P6 are Launching Ahead in Art

Learning Intention:

We are learning to use recycled materials to design and make a space related object.

Success Criteria:

Our models must-

– be 3D

– resemble a real life space object

– be made from recycled materials

This week, the Primary 6s from P7/6 joined with the Primary 6 class and were given the challenge to design and make an object that you might find in space using recycled materials.

First, we sketched a design of our object then , when our plan was complete, we started to build. We had to use a real life picture of our object to help us. Michael, Ellie, Craig, Jamie, Lachlan and Kasse all made a space rockets, William made a space shuttle, Abby made the Hubble Telescope and Neve made a moon buggy. We had to use our knowledge of space from our learning in science, as well our craft, design and art skills to make our final objects. We  haven’t finished them yet, but we are sure they are going to look great.

“I really enjoyed painting and gluing my Hubble telescope to try and make it stand up on a tilt,” commented Abby.

“I thought it was one of the best things I’ve ever made and I really enjoyed it,” said Michael.

“Considering there were a few disasters, I liked getting messy with the paint,” added Neve.