Pirates of the Curry Bean

Visitors travelled from across the UK and even Europe, to  Mid Calder Primary School this week to view the Primary 6 and 7 production of Pirates of the Curry Bean. The Primary 6 and 7 pupils and staff have worked very hard over the past 6 weeks to pull everything together, it was great to see the pupils taking a lead in everything from acting to singing, lights to dancing, props to prompting … a true team effort from the pupils who were facilitated by their teachers and school staff. It definitely was better than ‘alright on the night’ with the pupils being the true stars of the show! We received lots of lovely feedback from our guests who commented on how it was nice to see the pupils being so involved in the production, the jokes were great, a fantastic show and a it was a real feel-good show.

A big well done to all the pupils, staff and parents for their team effort in making the show such a huge success.

Watch this space for some video clips … coming soon!

11 thoughts on “Pirates of the Curry Bean”

1. Well done to everyone involved in this production. The show was fantastic and the kids were all amazing. There is certainly a lot of talent in MCPS! it was great seeing the pupils involved in all aspects.

2. Thank you to the staff and boys and girls for my lovely invite to see the show- you were all fantastic and I enjoyed every minute of it! Well done!

Miss Struthers 🙂

3. Pirates of the Curry Bean
    Well done P6 and P7 and to your teachers and everyone else who helped make the show fantastic.It must have taken you a long time to rehearse and learn all the words. It was a very entertaing show and I am sure that you will remember it for a long time.

4. What a show Primary 6 and Primary 7! All of the hard work and effort that each and every one of you put in definitely paid off. I am extremely proud of you all. I’ll be looking out for your names at the Oscars in a few years 🙂

5. The best show that Mid Calder has ever seen. We all really enjoyed it. 🙂 A big well done to everyone 🙂

6. I loved Pirates of the Curry Bean! It was the best show ever and I was so proud to be a part of it. I really thought Miss Sherlow, Miss Gordan and Miss Snobel really outdone themselves with costumes and props. Mrs Findlay was spectacular with scenery and I just loved every character.