Harrysmuir Primary Home Learning Hub

P.2 Health & Wellbeing for Week Beginning 22nd June

Good morning P.2 Pupils and Parents!

This week we are continuing to learn about healthy foods, and I have a challenge for you! I’d like you all to use this week’s activity to try a healthy food that you usually don’t eat. Let’s see if we add something new to your diet!

We Are Learning To: understand how important sight and smell are in helping us TASTE our foods.

We Are Learning To: eat more healthy foods in our diet.

FUN FOOD CHALLENGE

First of all, watch this video to see how the food tasters get on without being able to use all their senses – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF1-paORD-M

Next, print off the Food Scientist Placemat (you may want to print off a few copies) and use it to explore different foods. (If you don’t have a printer remember you can collect copies from school.) You might want to try it with your eyes covered, or your nose pinched to see the difference it makes. You can incorporate this into snack and meal times – adults, this is a great way to get the kids to try out things that they normally won’t! I have a 6 yr old very fussy eater in my house and we use this with a blindfold to try new things and make it into a game!

Food Placemat

I’d love to see how you get on with this. Let me know if things still taste as good (or as bad!) with some of your senses taken away!

Mrs Black