Topic 1 – Katie Morag

This term (August until October) our topic is all about “Katie Morag” and the Isle of Struay! We are already enjoying learning all about Katie Morag and her family.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             We all created our own Katie Morag pictures as well as helping to paint a large one for our display. Mrs Foy said we could all be artists…do you agree?

The Isle of Struay – First we worked together to identify features on the Isle of Struay. Next, Ross and Chloe used rollers to paint the Island green. Then we got busy sponge painting the sea for our display.

Then we began to make the buildings that are on the island

Wow! I would love to stay here for my holdays. Well done Erin & Murron!

Molly and Oscar made a beautiful house for Grannie Island

Chelsea and David did a fabulous job creating Castle McColl.

Nicole and Chloe worked well together to make the post Office

Here is our Isle of Struay display. Do you think we worked hard?

We helped Mrs Foy to recreate the Isle of Struay Post Office in our class.

Look at how much fun we are having in it. We are making post cards, writing letters, making cards, designing stamps as well as lots of other fun activities.

Ross was a fabulous Postman and took his job very seriously!

29.10.12 – This will be our very last week of the Katie Morag Topic. It has been a fabulous topic and the children have become very connected to the characters within it. It has been good to hear the Katie Morag stories and to compare her life on an Island with our village life in Whitburn.The children have enjoyed their two weeks with Miss Samin making comics as well as exploring the Blog and the Katie Morag website. They also enjoyed making clay pots with Mrs McConnell and will get to paint them this week befor bringing them home. During their topic time with me, we explored the story of Katie Morag and the Tiresome Ted through Drama and music.

P2F Challenge – Record on this Blog page what  you enjoyed most about the Katie Morag Topic..

10 thoughts on “Topic 1 – Katie Morag”

1. My favourite part was making the plant pots. It was great fun.
    I can’t wait to see it Freya. From Mrs Foy

2. I enjoyed making the plant pot in mrs mcconnells class and I can’t wait to paint it.
    I can’t wait to see it Molly. From Mrs Foy 🙂