In addition to the examples on the Home page, the young people of Balfron High School regularly take part in the following :
- interview and have focus groups with members of staff (teachers, SLT and support staff) prefects and pupils.
- work regularly with others and give effective feedback and encouragement
- organise activities for European Day of Languages
- represent the school and its views and practices at Conferences.
- have the opportunity to learn about other cultures through the study of French, German, Spanish, Italian and Russian.
In the wider community
- work with Strathendrick Care Home and Rachel House, visiting and entertaining the residents as well as supporting them by fund raising on their behalf. a
- liaising with the associated primary schools and supporting them on visits to the school in June
In the wider word
- take an active role in welcoming visitors to the school
- take part in the interview process of applicants for teachung posts at the school.