Weekly Work 30.3.2020

See the source image

Good Morning Room 13!  Welcome to Week 2 of online learning!

Thank you for all your amazing work last week… it’s great to see you all doing such a variety of tasks at home!  Have a look at the blog post below to see what everyone got up to last week 🙂

*Reminder there will be another Tuesday Challenge uploaded at 10am… so keep your eyes peeled!*

Again, try to use your weekly timetable template to plan your week and the activities you want to complete.  My aim for this week is to read three chapters of The Explorer and do the Joe Wicks PE three times!

See the source image

I have uploaded a worksheet for each Maths group, as well as a variety of other tasks for you to choose from.  If you are struggling to remember how to complete your step for maths, send me an email and I will record a video, talking through the step and send it over to you.

You will need to open this up on a device that has Word.  I have also emailed a copy to you.  You can access this through your Glow email.

Triangles – Triangles – 3dx2d Worksheet

Squares – Squares – Multi Addition Worksheet

Circles – Circles – Money Addition Worksheet

Rectangles – Rectangles 3d-3d Worksheet

• Topmarks
  • Maths Factor https://www.themathsfactor.com/
  • Beat The Teacher (Home Edition) Challenge members of your family and see who can answer maths questions the fastest!

See the source image

Spelling focus for this week can be found here: Spelling 30.3.20

Tasks: Speed writing / Write with your opposite hand / Create a paragraph using every word.

See the source image

Please try and keep up to date with reading your class novel.  The next two chapters for The Explorer please!

Have a look through the Newsround website too and see if you can find any interesting news articles to read.

Have a go at the FairTrade comprehension passage which is in your home learning pack.  Remember lots of detail in your answers!

See the source image

• Continue to write / type up your science fiction story.  If you have finished this, please email it to me so I can have a read!
  • Pobble 365 – Create a story using the story starter about ‘The Hole In The Fence’.  If you click on the link below, there is loads of tasks for you to complete.
  • http://www.pobble365.com/the-hole-in-the-fence/

https://childnutrition.ncpublicschools.gov/information-resources/local-wellness-policies/webapple.jpg

Our focus for HWB this week is making sure we are sharing love and positivity with everyone, even though we are staying home!  I have walked past so many houses, where pupils have put pictures of rainbows in there front window.  Therefore if you are out on a walk, try and look out for one!  I would love you to create your own rainbow picture and put the word Room 13 on it!  I am making mine this week and will share it with you before Friday.

• Room 13 Rainbow Pictures (take a photo of yourself with your rainbow in the window!)
  • Watch Newsround each day
  • Two tasks around the house to help out your family

• Continue with Presidents Presentation
  • Create a mind map about topics / questions you still have about the USA that you would like to research.
  • Research the term ‘USA Melting Pot’ and gather some research about the different ethnicity’s in America.

See the source image

• Joe Wicks PE on Youtube (I am aiming to do this 3 times this week!)
  • Create an obstacle course in your garden and try to time yourself and see if you can beat your original time!
  • Active School South Lanarkshire are uploading a PE challenge every Monday, Wednesday and Friday on Twitter.  Friday’s challenge was a basketball challenge.  Get a boasket/box and 10 pairs of socks, take 10 steps back and see how many you can score.
  • Here is my attempt!  Now NYLA got in the way but I still managed 9/10… who can beat my score?

Extra Information:

• Remember these activities are only suggestions!  You can choose tasks from last week or continue making up your own.
  • Try to do one maths, one literacy and one PE activity EVERY DAY.
  • Glasgow Science Centre are doing live STEM streaming, so check out their website if you fancy doing some science this week!

Again… loads of activities to choose from Room 13!

Please keep in contact with me throughout the week… look forward to seeing all your amazing work this week!

Miss You Lots!

Stay safe and healthy 🙂

See the source image

Miss M x

9 thoughts on “Weekly Work 30.3.2020”

1. Hi miss McKinnon It won’t let me get the copy of the 3D + 2D worksheet on my screen so could I make up 10 or 15 of my own xxx

From Hollie

1. Have a look at your emails again, I have sent you another one, this time as a picture. That should hopefully work now! Miss M x

1. Hi Katie, hope you had a lovely weekend! Yes if you could do it in the purple jotter that would be great, I realise it’s a little different because it’s not squared pages, but just try your best for me!