Sound School Nursery

Working together to improve outcomes for learners to be the best that they can be.

Happiness and Determination

Our school values this term are happiness and determination which have both been very evident since returning to nursery following the summer holidays. There are lots of happy faces everyday as the children experience the joy of learning through play while interacting with peers and staff.

Here are some of the children’s comments relating to happiness and determination while engaging in play.

“I am happy when I draw and make things with my friends at the craft table.”

“I’m excited because I have learned to pedal the tractor by myself.”

“It’s great fun making magic potions in the mud kitchen.”

“I’m smiling because I can go down the slide on my tummy now.”

“I’m proud of myself for learning the days of the week.”

“It’s hard work digging holes in the mud pit but it’s good for making me strong.”

“I cut out my mask even though my hand was getting tired.”

“I have been busy practising my name and I can do it now without copying.”

“We made a house using the big blocks and it took a while because we had to look for different things to help us make it the right way.”

“I am working hard with counting the dots on the big dominoes. I know some of them now and don’t have to count the dots anymore.”