Primary 1 & 2 Whalsay School

Just another blogs.glowscotland.org.uk – Shetland site

July 3, 2020
by Mrs Irvine
0 comments

Happy Holidays!

Hello Everyone,

Thank you all for the hard work you have put into a year like we have never seen before. There have been many happy times over the year and as I looked back over the photos on this blog, I was reminded of all the activities and achievements that have taken place. I have thoroughly enjoyed being your teacher this year and I feel very lucky to be seeing some of you again next year.

Enjoy the summer, stay safe,  have fun and make lots of new memories!

Mrs Irvine

June 22, 2020
by Mrs Irvine
0 comments

Health and Wellbeing Week

Hello Everyone,

This week is Health and Wellbeing week. It is activities for Early Years up to Primary 6 which include a selection of things including;

• Sports Day
  • Food and Health
  • Emotional and Social Wellbeing
  • Nature Nudge

The link to the information on the school website is here

Have fun!

June 12, 2020
by Mrs Irvine
0 comments

Excellent Examples

Hello Everyone,

Thank you to everyone who has sent in pictures of their child’s work this week. From next week there will be more general activities as I will be back in school and not online as much as this week.

I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you to everyone for their hard work. I really appreciate how much time and effort the bairns and adults have put into every week of activities I have set during lockdown. I am immensely proud of all the bairns in my class. Well done Everyone!

Here are the excellent examples of this weeks work;

June 5, 2020
by Mrs Irvine
0 comments

Excellent Examples

Thank you to everyone who has shared pictures of their child’s learning this week. We have had a HWB focus on wellbeing and doing things we enjoy to help us relax. Our mini topic has been about toys and I have had some really positive feedback on how much children have enjoyed it.  Here are a selection of the pictures I have received this week.

Enjoy the weekend.

May 22, 2020
by Mrs Irvine
0 comments

Excellent Examples

Thank you for sharing pictures of your child’s learning and other fun activities you are doing at home. It is great to see the bairns having fun and learning in a variety of ways.

Remember it is a holiday on Monday 25th so there will be no new grid posted on Monday. The school is taking part in The Little Lighthouse project so next week there will be family grid with a selection of activities suited across the primary school.

Thank you Everyone.

Here are some examples of P1/2 home learning/activities this week.

May 15, 2020
by Mrs Irvine
0 comments

Froggy Facts

One of the activities this week was to use ChatterPix to make a clip to show children’s learning about frogs.

Here are the clips I received. I think they are fabulous, well done everyone!