The Rocket Challenge 13th Of March

On Thursday 13th March we did the rocket challenge for science and engineering Week.
Before we started then we had to get partners, I got to go with Sophie. We each drew individual plans for our rockets, the one we chose had a lot of smiley faces. Then we had to go and pick our materials, we picked card. We had to make a rocket out of either card, cardboard and paper. Me and Sophie’s one was made out of card.
We had a time limit of 40 minutes. Sophie and I had to make a tube for our rocket it took ages and it was very very very frustrating. It had to be a certain size to fit on the air tube and I found it very hard. But we finally did it.

Then we could go outside and we could test them. The first time me and Sophie went out then we had to watch Nicol and Frasers before it was our turn to test our rocket, it went really high. Once we tested then we needed to go and put more cello tape on it to make it more air tight.

Then we went to do the height challenge. Nicol and Fraser’s rocket nearly won the height prize the first time, Emma and Katie’s rocket was third and mine was second. So we did another round Nicols was third because it didn’t even come off the ground. Emma’s was second and mine was first. We won an Easter egg. It was really fun. Hermione, Abbie and Laura and Emma and Katie Won the best looking challenge.
Mine got stuck in the rowing pipe. With an Irn-Bru bottle.