500 Word Story-Nicola

The Choice

Will I take it, will I not; I was going to give it to my friend, who I fell out with the other day, but it’s so tempting, I just can’t go on. I made it last night, in despair, this will change everything. I start to take the wrapper of, no I can’t.
Stephanie and I fell out; it’s terrible, and we’ve been best friends since we were tiny, we should have never said what we said, she should have never done what we did, and we should have never got into that fight. This might solve it but it could end everything too`. This is the most risky thing I’ve done; I’m under so much pressure. I might just take it myself; I lift it to my lips, no I can’t.
I haven’t made this since I was five. It was my dad I gave it to, once he ate it, he died not long after.
I’m going to call her, “Can you come over I’ve got something to give you?”
“Ok but make it quick” she replies.
“Don’t worry it will be over in seconds” I say with a smirk.
The phone goes dead. I quiver, but put the phone down quickly.
There’s a knock at the door, Its Stephanie, I answer it, and she looks upset. I ask her what’s wrong, she doesn’t reply. I take her through to the living room, she sits in my chair, she knows it’s my chair; she just does it to annoy me.
I’d like to make everything better, to end it, but I don’t know how to do it, so I’m just going to give it to her and that will finish it. Forever!
I ask her how’s things are at her school, because we go to different schools but she just replies with one word answers. There’s no going back, she’s on her way over.

“No, I want to see what it is!” Stephanie pushed
I don’t know what to do, my hearts screaming at me telling me to do it, but my head say’s she will never take it. However it is either me or her one of us has to end it.
“Well?” she prompts me.
“Ok, ok I’ll give it you.”
“Are you going to give me it then?” she doesn’t want to be here at all. She deserves it for her attitude this will soon change her attitude.
“Ok I’ll go and get it” I run and get it out of the fridge. Will I give it to her, it’s just a waste of time, this may be the last time I see her.
I pass her it.
She takes it. Unpeels the wrapper. Inhaling its sweet smells. Lifts it to her mouth. I can’t look. Wincing, I turn around. She swallows it.
“Did you enjoy your cupcake?”
Stephanie grins. It looks as though she is happy now, we will be friends again I’m glad I didn’t eat it and ruin our friendship.