500 Word story-Hermione

Primrose

“Primrose? Primrose where are you?!?”
That will be Lady Ella the most annoying maid of honour you will ever meet.
“There you are,” says Lady Ella “The queen wants us all in her chambers. NOW!”
I wonder why the queen wants us.
“Lady Ella, Lady Primrose glad you could join us.” says her majesty
“I have a French ambassador coming at the tenth strike of the clock you must all be dressed in your best dresses.” She finished. “Lady Primrose you shall help me prepare for the arrival of the French ambassador.” her majesty said while smiling “Now hurry you don’t have long!”
All the maids hurry out of the chamber just leaving me and her majesty.
“You are getting big now Primrose, I am guessing it shall not be long until your 14th birthday.” says her majesty when she finally speaks.
“Yes your majesty it is but a week.” I respond.
She winces when I say her majesty and she glances round. “Please primroses call me mother.” She says
I quickly put on my dress and do my hair. When I am ready mamma looks at me then walks over to a draw and pulls out a small box. She then passes it to me and says “This was going to be for your birthday but you can have it now.
I slowly open the box and find a beautiful necklace with a beautiful diamond in the shape of a heart on it. I gasp and look at mamma, “its beautiful thank you!!” I say
Later that evening the French ambassador and his huge troop suddenly come charging into the great hall making a lot of noise. After they have finally calmed down the queen exchanges a few quick words in French then they go to unpack in their rooms.
Once the French ambassador has left the queen turns me and the other maids of honour. “There will be a party outside of the maze tonight to celebrate the arrival of the French ambassador”. We all nod excitedly then leave to our chambers. On my way there I see a French man stood in a gallery that displays lots of different weapons from over the years.
When I leave out of the corner of my eye I thought I saw something shine in his pocket but I’m probably imagining it.
At the maze I find a beautiful sight there are candles everywhere. There’s a huge feast but plenty of room to dance.
The queen smiles happily at me. I go over to the feast when I suddenly spot that same man stood in a corner looking rather unhappy
While I was thinking I suddenly see an old knife flying through the air.
I look around. It’s heading towards her majesty
“Your majesty!!” I scream quickly running in front of her but the knife hits me instead.
Her majesty whips round. She spots the knife, “Primrose!” she screams.
The last thing I see is my mother’s beautiful eyes.
By Hermione Boyes