Blast off

| 1 Comment

A couple months ago we heard that Tim Peake was going to the moon! Everyone was super excited to watch it live. “Today is going to be the day that the rocket blasts off!” everyone repeated that sentence at school today. 

When we came home from school, we switched on the TV to watch it. “Why is it taking so long?” My annoying little sister sighed 

After 10 long minutes we started to see the flames coming out of the rocket very slowly. “What happened?” I asked, “It just won’t blast off!” But finallyafter another few minutes it did. 

One Comment

1. Amazing work using the week 19 prompt, Hannah! Your wide variety of punctuation is fantastic, especially your speech marks because they can be tricky to use. It makes your writing very exciting and it helps display the emotions of the characters. I also love that you used the past and present tense to make the story realistic, as well as talking about Tim Peake! This is really brilliant work.

– Isabel (Team 100 W/C)