The Ghosts of Singapore

| 1 Comment

Have you ever been to Singapore? Have you noticed anything weird especially in restaurants outside? Like if you were looking out the window and saw a tree then it disappeared. “Why do we have to scare people all the time dad? he sighed “Because son it’s funny” he chuckled  “Really? It’s kind of getting old now like we’ve been dead for 5,000 years now and the joke is old already!” “Yeah Dylan is right we might as well make our selves useful round here. But then they realised they were glued to the floor, the humans got their way! So be careful!

One Comment

1. Rosie I like the way you have started with 2 interesting questions – they catch the reader’s attention and pique the curiosity as to what’s coming next! The way you have written the speech helps me hear the characters’ voices – I can definitely hear the weary tone in Dylan’s voice when he tells his Dad that his jokes are just so old!

Next time, when you read your work through, check that it’s clear who is saying things. I worked out it was Dylan who speaks first but I had to read on to do that.