Up Helly Aa Shields

We designed shields for Culivoe Up Helly ahh. The teachers chose who we were going to work with. I worked with Neil. Bradley wanted to work on his own. When Neil and me chose a design we had to draw it on the shield. Our design was a wolf with a viking helmet, beard, sword and axe. After that we had to very carefully paint the back round around the wolf. I painted a blue out line around the wolf so it was easy-er to paint a back round. When it had dried we painted the wolf silver avoiding painting the eyes and the mouth. The next day I got to finish Neil and my shield and I got to draw on half of Sofia’s shield. The reason why I got to draw on half of Sofia’s was because Bradley was going to work with Sofia but he wanted to work on his own. When Neil and my shield was done it looked really good.
DSCF8172                                                                                 DSCF0425