Small Schools’ Sports 2014

On Monday P4 and up went to Small Schools’ Sports. We went to Lerwick. We got split up into teams. I was with Abby and Bradley and we were in team Australia. First we went to Cricket and we did 3 different activities to do with cricket. We moved on to rugby after that, and it was good fun. Then it was time for lunch. After lunch we did bowls. We got split up into 3 groups and then we got split up in half of that group, I was on team black but there was a team brown. Team black won. Then at the end of the day we did foot ball. We practiced dribbling and keepy-upies with our heads and our feet. I biulded scills in all of the four sports. I put in a lot of effort and scills in all of the sports. The main person said there’s a reword for the best team work and effort in a team and guess who won. Team Australia!

1. Gosh Phoebe you must have been tired when you got home. Your description of the day was very clear. You had a lot of details to remember.

2. Well done Team Australia! You all tried really hard in every activity throughout the day and showed great effort.

Were there any activities you would like to try again or any activities that you didn’t get to try that you would like to?

• I think I would like to try cricket and bowls but I don’t want to try rugby again because I hurt myself twice in that one game and there was about two games. I enjoyed the bowls a lot because it’s quite relaxing and quite quiet. I also liked cricket because all different people can play it and it doesn’t matter if you hit the ball too hard because the ball was not glass so you can hit it as hard as you like.