My Summer Holiday 2014

| 1 Comment

On Friday the 1st it was Derek and Elena’s wedding. My hairdresser Carris came to our house to do up my hair. I got it up in a bun on the side of my head and in had a pleat at the side and I got twist in gems to put in it. Sofia was a flower girl and she got her hair done and so did Mam. We went straight up to Unst and we stayed in the Saxaford houses. They were really good! We went to the kirk and we were there for about 2 hours. The person who was playing organ’s keyboard broke while in the process of changing the keyboard setting to the organ. It took ages but it was really funny. After the service then we went outside and threw confetti at them and gave them their horse shoe. When we went to the hall for the meal we got love hearts and ring Haribos. My auntie said the grace and then we ate. Me, Melissa, Bradley, Leah, Neil, Conrad and Kieran were playing in the entrance. I had a dance with my cousin who was a best man and then it was coming to the end and everyone did Auld Lang Syne. My head was sore at the end because I had to have all of my hair held together with 48 kirby grips.

On the second day I went to play fiddle to Bill and Thelma. After that Lisa, Daryl and Daniel came to visit. It was funny because most of the people staying in the houses were from Yell for the wedding so we went to play with them. My cousins and my Granny and Daa were staying next door to us. When it was time to go to the hall at 8.00pm then it was pretty much the same as the night before. At mid night then we all sang Happy Birthday to Kim because it was her 18th birthday. The best men made her up a horrible cocktail for her. It was a late night.

When I woke up I had to rush down to my house to pack and then go to Lerwick because it was Fiddle Frenzy!

I was staying at my friend Anya’s house all week. It was late nights and early rises every day. The tutors I got were Bethany and Jenna Reid (the organisers), Maggie Adamson, Jenny Keldie, Lois Nicol and Catriona MacDonald. We went to Mareel at 9.30am and did a practise for the final concert until 10.00am. Me, Anya, Louise and Emma normally were next to each other. I was in the intermediate group as was Anya. We went straight to the lesson after the practise. It was lessons from 10.00-11.00 and then there was a half a hour break then it was 11.30-12.30 then it was a hour and a half break for lunch and then it was 2.00-3.00 then half an hour then it was 3.00-4.00. There were concerts every night and I went to them all. The concerts usually started at 8.30 and finished at 10.00.

I went to Fiddle Frenzy last year and really enjoyed it and I will be looking forward to Fiddle Frenzy 2015!

Here is a video of some on the Students playing at the Sumburgh Lighthouse. We had to carry our fiddles on our back all the way up the hill and all through the Lighthouse but it was well worth it in the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYV7bK6E0w8

One Comment