Queen’s Baton Relay 2014

Yesterday we went to Brae for the Queen’s Baton Relay. We wore red with Cullivoe Primary  School  other people were orange,yellow,green and blue. We went  to Ulsta in Jennifer and Miss Breyley’s Cars I went in Jennifer’s car. We went on the ferry as a foot passengers so we went up stairs when we got to Toft we went on a bus for us and Cullivoe then we went to Brae. When we got there we went on to the AstroTurf. We waited until we heard what we were doing and who to go to first we had Commonwealth Crafts from 11.30 to 12.30 in the Brae Secondary Art Room  so we went to the Brae Secondary school and found the art room we sat down at desks were we got a piece of paper and a pencil   we got to make banners to support the baton as it went along we also got our face painted , arms  painted or hand painted with different flags I got my arm done. When I got my paper I drew something saying Glasgow 2014  it also had Clyde  and a Shetland flag . Then we found the rest or our school on the pitch and our pack lunch  after that we headed back to the AstroTurf for our next activity from 1:00 to 2:00 which was mini beast hunt. So we headed of with Mr rose . When we got there we got given big nets and Pooters which two straws and one had a blocker on it you sucked on that one and hovered the one with out the blocker above the bug and sucked on it and the bug flew up the straw and went in the pot on the bottom. There was also another tub with a lid for bigger bugs that would get stuck in the straw. After we caught some bugs it was time for us to go to see the baton so we headed back to the AstroTurf  then we went to our position for seeing the baton we were near the cooperative after the baton went by we followed it back to the AstroTurf   when we got there we stood next to Cullivoe we watched baton bears and then we met CLYDE! he gave us high fives then we had to go and sing Heres to all our commonwealth. After that we got our photo taken with the baton and Clare Morris after that we went home on the Cullivoe and midyells  we were foot passengers and then went in the cars again and went home I had a great time and I think everyone else did too .