Edinburgh Trip Part 1

I went on the Edinburgh trip (which happens every 2 years for P6 and P7) I am the only P6 and there is no P7. Me and Jennifer went from Burravoe. We went on the trip with P6s and P7s from Mid Yell, Cullivoe, Fetlar, Nesting and Unst. We go for 1 week; you have to take 1 overnight bag (for the ferry) and 1 big bag (when staying in the hostel in Edinburgh!)

Sunday

On Sunday; I caught the Ulsta ferry with the other schools; I sat by a girl called Christina from Cullivoe.  When we got to Lerwick (which is over an hour away from Yell) we headed to the Northlink Ferry Port. We took our ferry bags into the waiting room; in the waiting room we got given our boarding cards to let us on the ferry and into our rooms. Then we boarded the ferry, My room number was 424, I shared with 3 girls; 1 from Cullivoe and the other 2 from Mid Yell, I have met them all before because we go to Mid Yell every Thursday for P.E with Cullivoe and I go to netball tournaments and I have met some Mid Yell people. Me and my friends had dinner on the boat; I had chips. After dinner we asked one of the teachers on the trip to take me and my friends outside. When we got back in the cabin it was 8.00 and we had to be in bed at 9.30; at 9.30 we have to give in our phones to our group leaders (My group leader was Jennifer!) That night the sea was really calm!

Monday

We drove through Aberdeen (where the ferry comes in) It was quite early in the morning; we watched Pirates in the bus as we were travelling down towards Stirling. In Stirling we went to see the Wallace Monument, the Wallace Monument is a very tall building. We had to walk through a small wood to the monument, it was quite steep pathways. When we got to the top of where the Monument stood you could see the whole of Stirling in front of you. We walked up the spiral staircase up to each floor which had galleries on them. On one of the floors were models of people who were like queens and kings. The top floor had the most AMAZING views of Stirling, from the top it looked like the buildings were flat; it was quite windy up there!  We went to Toby Carvery; it was a buffet, I had a massive Yorkshire Puddings, and some chicken.

Then we drove to Edinburgh and put our suitcases in the hostel; we put our suitcases in our room, I shared with Freya, Christina and Ashley (who shared a cabin with me on the boat) we also shared a room with Eden, Theresa and Sophie. My room number was 217, our room had 8 beds but there were only 7 of us. After a couple of hours we went to the cinema and watched Epic, It was really good. When we got back it was about 9 o’clock; so we gave in our phones and went to sleep, it was quite noisy because there were fire engines and police cars zooming past.