My Cumbrian Holiday

| 1 Comment

I went to Barrow for the Easter holiday, it is in the  north of England. We took our dog for the first time to England,  first we took him on the Northlink Ferry and put him in the kennels, after 13 hours on the ferry we traveled over 5 hours to get to Little Urswick which is near Barrow, The campsite was located on a little farm.

The next day we drove to Barrow and went shopping, we went to  New Look, River Island; I was just browsing but I didn’t see any thing I liked. We drove over the bridge to Walney Island, Walney Island is in the Iris Sea, It used to be an old ship building dock.  We parked up by the seaside and me and my sister played in the park that was beside the seaside; The park had a kind of swing thing which turned around, a place were you could step on things and some things would turn around on you it was really fun! We went over the bridge to Barrow and went down a really fun road that was like a roller coaster and was really fun and then we got back to the campsite. A  few day we went to find about our family who lived in Barrow. We went to an archive/library to find out about my great great granddad. This is the link if you want to find out more about your family http://www.barrowbc.gov.uk/default.aspx?page=163.

The day after we went to Lancaster and I bought the new cd called Now that’s what I call music 84, we also brought some eggs from the market that was on. It took us an 1 hour and 30 minutes to get back. After a couple of days in Barrow, We saw some people on Walney Island riding horses and then we saw some horses in a field. I stroked one of the massive horses that came up to me. Then I went horse riding at Sea View Riding School, It was really fun! I rode a horse called Patch, I learnt how to do a rising trot and that was really fun, as well as a lesson inside the arena, I also went for a pony trek and someone held the rein.

The next day we went to a rugby shop to get some rugby things and  I got a warm and cozy jacket, it said Barrow Raiders on it (Barrow Raiders is the rugby team at the minute) The man who owned the shop, had a book about rugby players and it had my great great granddad in it.

The day after we went to Coniston, which is in the Lake District. We drove around Coniston and took lots of photos. If you want to find out about Coniston here is a link http://www.lakedistricts.co.uk/Coniston/. Next we went to Windermere, it was a very big lake, it is also in the Lake District. If you want to find out about Windermere here is a link http://www.lakedistrict.gov.uk/visiting/placestogo/explorewindermere

A couple of days after we went back to Shetland. First we had to wake up at 3.20 am to beat the traffic because we were traveling on a Saturday (which is the busiest time of the week). When we got the the Northlink Ferry. We got on board and the man on the health and safety radio said that it was going to be rough. Me and mum went to the souvenirs shop and brought The Shetland Times (which is a Shetland news paper). The boat took 14 hours because it went quite slowly because it was quite rough.

One Comment