Cooking our own LUNCH!

| 1 Comment

Today at school we cooked our own lunch! The week before we decided on what we were making! We decided on Mini pizzas (one for each person) and for pudding we had angel cakes with apple wings and fruit dips! In the morning we talked about the 3 main things to do, Chopping, making the angel cakes and making the pizza bases! My team which were Leah, Phoebe, Honor and I made the angel cakes! The ingredients were 113g of flour, 113g of margarine, teaspoon of vanilla essence, 113g of sugar and 2 medium sized eggs! We first of all mixed the margarine with the sugar till it was completely mixed through! We next whisked the eggs and added them into the mixture slowly also putting in the flour at the same time. We also put in the teaspoon of vanilla essence. We mixed it even more! We put the mixture in the cake cases and put them in the oven for 15 to 20 mins. The rest went outside after pice but I stayed behind to see how the cakes were doing! When Elsie opened the oven door you could smell them and they smelt REALLY good! They were risen and were fully cooked through so we set them on a cooling rack. There was 5 mins left of piece time so I went outside in my apron! My apron was white and a wasp landed on it, it was NOT funny! We got the wasp off by pushing it away with a glove! Piece time finished and we got back to our jobs!

Our team started to mix up the butter icing while the cakes were cooling. The ingredients for the butter icing was 113g of icing sugar and 56g of margarine. I did the measure while the other took turns at creaming it toghether. The other needed a hand at getting it creamed so I got them started then they did really good!

The cakes were cooled and Jennifer showed me how to cut off the top of the buns. The peerier ones spooned the mixture onto the cakes and we were going to put apple on top instead of the rest of buns so we fed the birds with the cake tops!

Overall the day went really well and we all enjoyed our lunch! Exept I dont think it will happen to often!

One Comment