Dunrossness

Dunrossness

On 4/05/ 12 all of us went to Dunrossness Primary School. We had to travel on the bus on a ferry to get there.

First four of the children from Dunrossness welcomed us and told us about what will happen through the morning.

Ms Breyley explained to us on the ferry what groups we were in, and I was in both of them with Honor. The first workshop me and Honor went to was Pond Dipping. It was with Mr Rose. It was awesome because we found loads of cool things like tadpoles, swimming beetles and pond snails. One of the people found two male stickle backs. I learned how to tell if stickle backs are male or female because males have red bellies.

After that workshop all of us met up in the hall and went to get a snack at the Fair Trade tuck shop. I had a Geo Bar, it had honey in it and it tasted quit nice.  Loads of other people were there.

Then the last workshop was the pompom puffins. We had to find our way to that workshop when we found it we sat down and watched a slideshow about birds, it was the day when the puffins were in the nest on puffin cam. Then we started to make the baby puffins. You need wool, card, a pen, scissors and the lady that was there to help us called Helen, she was part of RSPB. When you were done you could put a puffin costume on if you wanted but all the girls weren’t ready in time so all the boys wanted to so they all did. 

I enjoyed it all because it was really fun and I think everyone enjoyed it too. Before we left we got our picture taken  behind the Dunrossness schools jungle they have near the front door.