Drawing Workshop, Skye

When we were in Skye we went to the Gaelic College to an Art Workshop.

http://www.smo.uhi.ac.uk/index_en.html.

We did it outside since we were going to draw the Skye landscape. There were about twenty people in our group. Julie telt us what we had to do. We drew a sketch first. We drew what was in the foreground really big to show it was closer to you.  In mine, the tree was really big and so was the wall that a light was on. We also had to put in shades to show what was dark and light. In the background I drew the mountains and the sea. It was a kinda bad day when we drew them so the sky was grayish coloured.

We got piece (Carrot sticks and a flapjack)!

When we finished our sketch we drew using charcoal. It was really thick and really light. We learned different techniques to use our charcoal. One was to turn it on it side so you got a rougher looking texture. I think my picture came out really good and I am really proud of it.

The Skye landscape was really pretty and i want to go there again some day!