P1 Registration

Children who reach 5 years of age between 1 March 2021 and 28 February 2022 inclusive should be registered for education in their catchment school.

You must register your child in only one school, either the denominational or non-denominational school for your area. If you need information on schools for your area please telephone
0300 300 0170 or visit  www.renfrewshire.gov.uk.  You can also find details of all local schools on the map page by clicking on the link below:

Registration will be live online during week commencing 2nd November to 9th November through www.renfrewshire.gov.uk.
For those unable to register online we request that you telephone your local catchment school to make an appointment to attend in person during these dates.

Parents/carers must provide satisfactory documentary evidence of the age of their child and that their family reside within the catchment area of the school. This evidence includes:
1. Child’s full Birth Certificate
2. Most recent Council Tax Notice or if not currently resident in the property either a concluded missive or a signed and witnessed tenancy agreement/lease.
3. Child Benefit Statement. In the event that a Child Benefit Statement is not available, a Driving Licence or a Bank
Statement/utility bill showing transactions over the most recent 3 months and the applicant’s address may be accepted. Or If appropriate to current circumstances – Court Order / Looked After Child / Foster Carer document(s).

4. Roman Catholic Baptismal Certificate (if applicable)

The list above is not exhaustive and the Council retains the right to ask for further information when proof of residency is not satisfied. Original documents must be produced upon request.

If you want your child to go to a different school you require to register at your catchment school and thereafter make a placing request. Placing Request Forms are available from the website above by entering ‘Sending your child to school’ into the search bar and then selecting ‘Sending your child to school- August 2021’, from related documents.  You can also request a form by telephoning 0300 300 0170 or your catchment school.
Please read the following document from Renfrewshire Council: