- To ensure the curriculum on offer complies with all national and local directives and guidelines in terms of structure and what is offered to the pupils
- That pupil attainment is of the highest standard possible with every child being supported in achieving their potential.
- That learning and teaching is of the highest possible standard, facilitating the pupils in achieving their potential.
- That all pupils will be supported in their development both educationally and socially.
- That the ethos of the school is conducive to the development of the pupils and to their safety and well being.
- That the school’s resources are of the highest possible standard to support the efforts of staff and pupils.
- That the school’s self evaluation and management processes are supportive of the efforts made by all staff and pupils in working to achieve pupils potential.
- Being a Catholic denominational school, the moral and religious development of each child is an integral part of achieving our aim. It is therefore our further aim to foster a love of God and a firm belief in justice and equality for all.
To realise these aims it is essential that each child develops an awareness and respect of himself, not only as an individual but also as a member of a family and as a member of a community in all its facets: school, local and world wide.
In pursuit of these aims we intend to:
- Lay the foundations of a system of learning.
- Develop the child’s ability to think rationally and logically.
- Equip each child with the processes and techniques by which they can solve problems.
- Foster an understanding and appreciation of the community in which they live.