P2R wk beg 14/05/18

Good evening.  I hope you all had a lovely weekend in the sunshine.  Homework and news as follows:

Homework

Spelling continues with 4 words with the spelling sound and 4 common words.   Please try and complete a spelling grid activity if possible during the week.   I will upload a picture of the spelling grid tomorrow in case anyone needs a new one.

Wordwalls will be given out this week.They will be checked on Thursday 24th May.

Reading – We will continue to use the Big cat books this week.

Maths – Maths homework will be looking at counting in 3s this week.

News

Parent night appointments will be given out on Monday 14th May.  I have done my best to accommodate all requests.  If the time or day does not suit please let me know and I will do my best to change it.

Wednesday this week will be Numeracy day and the children will be taking part in Maths activities all day.

We have arranged a summer term trip for Primary 2.  This will be to Calderglen country park in East Kilbride.  The date for our trip is Tuesday 5th June and it will last most of the day.  A letter will be out as soon as possible.  We will be looking for some adult helpers.  If you are able to come please pop a note in the diary and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Have a great week and thank you as always for all of your support.

Mrs Fulton/Mrs MacKenzie