P2R wk beg 29.01.18

I hope you have had a great weekend.  Homework and news as follows:

Homework

Spelling – This week our mage e continues with o_e as in bone and cone.

Reading – Big cats reading books will continue this week.  The children have been enjoying all of the different types of books, fiction and non fiction.

Maths – This week we will be looking at money combinations.

Wordwalls – Please continue to practise.  I hope to check these this week.

News

This week on Thursday we have our Scottish assembly.  Sorry I wrote that it was Friday on my last blog.  It is on Thursday of this week.  Our winning poet will be on stage performing along with all of our other class winners in the school.  Pupils can wear something tartan to school if they wish with their school uniform.  

We are continuing our Katie Morag topic.  Last week we looked at creating maps and using Bebot robots to programme directions.  We had lots of fun.  We hope to have an open afternoon this term in March.  This will be an opportunity for you to come into class and see what your child has been learning this term.  Date and times to be confirmed as soon as possible for you to plan your schedules.

Primary 4 are having a bake sale on Thursday 1st February as part of their school topic.   Primary 2 are welcome to bring some pennies in and purchase a cake on this day.  Cakes will be 10p to 50p.

Have a great week.

Mrs Fulton/ Mrs MacKenzie