Week Beginning 27th November

Good afternoon!

Homework

As our working week is a little shorter there will be no new spelling words issued. Please feel free to play games to revise words and sounds – there is a link below to help you.

http://www.ictgames.com/literacy.html

Reading books will not be issued also, due to the shorter week. I have encouraged the class to read lots of stories at home and to discuss the beginning, middle and ends.

However, I have sent home a maths worksheet for homework, to allow the children to practice greater than, less than and equal to symbols.

News

There is no school on Thursday 30th November as it is St Andrews day.

Christmas house art day is on Friday 1st December. This year our theme is Christmas carols.  Pupils should wear their house colours –

Hawks (green)

Falcons (blue)

Eagles (yellow or gold)

Ospreys (red)

The children will be using lots of art materials including glue, paint and drawing materials.  It’s going to be a lot of fun but please don’t wear your best clothes as it can get a little messy!

The school fair will take place this Saturday (2nd December) in the school between 1pm and 3pm.

Primary 2B will be joining the other Primary 2 classes for a local community walk on Friday 8th December. This is to investigate our local environment and complete our Stickman topic.

If you are able to accompany us between 9am and 10:30am on this day please pop a note in your child’s diary or a letter to me and I will give you some more information.

Thanks, and have a great rest of the week.

Miss Bachell