Wk beg 20th November

Good evening everyone,

I hope you had a lovely day. Homework and news as follows.

Spelling: Our sound this week is ck as in lock, back and sock. I was very impressed with all the extra words you came up with today in class – try and use some of them in your homework.

Reading: Reading books have been sent home today. Please continue to discuss what happens at the beginning, middle and end of the story if you are able. I’ve also enjoyed hearing about the beginning,  middle and end of books that you have read at the library. We hope to visit the library as a class next term.

Word walls: These have now been issued and we will continue to work through these in class.

Maths: Our focus this week is greater than, less than and equals – <  =  > and there is a sheet to accompany this. Remembering which sign goes which way can be tricky – the crocodile eats the larger number because it is super hungry! Here is the link to the song we sang today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6Efzu2slaI

Other news:

I have been introduced to some fabulous new stories this term. Thank you for bringing in your books – we still have a few weeks left of this topic if you have anymore tales to share.

Primary 2 will be taking part in this year’s nativity performance.  We have already begun to learn our songs and I have been very impressed with our sense of rhythm and beat! If you have not received a letter regarding our performance day please pop a note in your child’s diary.

Have a lovely week ahead,

Miss Cauley