P5 – Titanic Personal Project Presentation

Image result for titanic

Over the next few weeks you should prepare a personal project presentation on the Titanic. You will then present your project to the class on Thursday 15th June.  I know some of you may already be sunning yourself somewhere hot on this date, therefore you may complete your project prior to this date. Please see me (or Mrs Hughes if you are in P5H) and I will organise a different presentation date for you. The criteria and task sheet for this task can be found below.

Titanic Personal Project Presentation

Learning Outcome:  I can research a  given topic and create a detailed presentation.

I can use primary and secondary sources selectively to research events in the past.  SOC 2-01a

I can discuss why people and events from a particular time in the past were important, placing them within a historical sequence. SOC 2-06a

Skill for Learning

Application & Knowledge: I can apply my knowledge of a given topic to plan and produce an interesting presentation.

Skill for Work

I can organise my time and resources independently to ensure my presentation is completed in the allocated time.

Background

To build further on your presentation skills you have to prepare a personal project to present to your peers. Presentations play a huge part in our learning and being able to present to your peers, with confidence, is a great skill to learn.

Task

What you need to know: Your personal project should be about the Titanic. You may choose any aspect you wish.

What you need to do: You can present your project in any way you choose. This might be in written form, a PowerPoint presentation, a booklet, a video or even a model. In other words, you have the choice to choose the way you feel will best help you to demonstrate your knowledge of your chosen topic. This project is all homework based therefore you need to think about the resources you will have access to: books, library, internet, personal accounts etc.

What you need to think about: You can use whatever you need to describe your personal project: photographs, videos, props etc. Try to think about why you picked this area for your project. What was it that interested you about it? Remember some people in class may know nothing about the area you have chosen to discuss, so you must explain it in detail.

How to get started: Get all of your ideas down on paper and then decide which ones are the most relevant and will best engage your audience.

Product Criteria

·         You have 4 weeks to pull your presentation together so use your time wisely. You will be presenting your information to the class on Thursday 15th June 2017. Remember to try and present your information in a different format from what you have done before. Be creative!

·         This is an independent research project. It is your responsibility to organise your time effectively and ensure you are putting in enough effort.

·         Everyone will approach this task in different ways so don’t worry if your friends are doing something different from you. Have faith in what you have to say and it will all work out.

·         This is your chance to show just how well you can take responsibility for your own learning.

Happy researching!

Mrs O’Neill