Please read each question carefully so you understand fully what is being asked of you and the type of operation which should be used.
Each answer should show all workings and include a sentence answer. This task should be completed and returned to school by Thursday.
Have a Go – Word Problems
- The Titanic had 4 funnels each 19m tall. If the funnels were stacked on top of each other, how high would they be?
- There were 2,223 people on board the Titanic. If 1300 of them were passengers how many were crew?
- There were 319 1st class passengers and 272 2nd class passengers, how many 3rd class passengers were there?
- Of the 2,223 people on board the Titanic the Carpathia only managed to rescue 705 of them. How many people died in the sinking of the Titanic?
- Challenge Question: The Titanic left Southampton on her Maiden voyage at midday on the 10th April 1912. She arrives at Cherbourg to pick up passengers at 6.30pm. a) How long did it take her to sail to Cherbourg. b) She leaves Cherbourg at 8.10pm to sail to Queenstown and arrives at 11.30am on 11th April 1912. How long did it take her to sail from Cherbourg to Queenstown?