Yesterday we had our first P7 only Masterclass. We started off with a simple recipe using ready rolled puff pastry, chocolate spread, banana and strawberries – what’s not to like?
The results were great and everyone enjoyed their sweet treat! Try it out at home by following the recipe below.
Sweet Puff Pastry Treats
Makes 9 individuals
|Ingredients 500g Puff pastry pack strawberry slices
Chocolate spread Icing sugar water to stick corners
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/ 400˚F/Gas Mark 6,
- Line your baking tray with baking paper.
- Lay out the puff pastry out on a surface lightly dusted with icing sugar into a large square.
- Cut into 10cm squares (approx.), using a knife. Cut about 3cm into each corner.
- Carefully spoon one teaspoon of chocolate spread into the middle of the square.
- Place strawberry and/or banana slices on top of the chocolate spread.
- Dab the pastry with a small amount of water, then fold one corner into the centre, allowing for a slight overlap. Repeat with the other corners to make a windmill shape.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and bake until they are golden and firm (about 12-15 minutes) where they have puffed up on the sides.
- Allow to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.