Severe Weather Closure FAQs

Severe Weather Closure FAQs

Aberuthven Primary School

Frequently Asked Questions – For Parents/Carers

• It’s snowing and I am worried about my child’s safe return from school. What do I do?

Keep an eye out for notifications of a message from school posted on your child’s Seesaw journal for a to advise that school is preparing to close and that your child should be collected from school.

If possible, please avoid phoning the school to check if the school is closing – the school will contact you.

• I am unable to come to the school to collect my child but would like a friend, neighbour or relative to collect child. What do I do?

If you have completed the emergency closure slip, your child can be released to your chosen contact or notify the school of any different arrangements you make.

• We live outside Aberuthven and as the weather has deteriorated rapidly I do not think my child will be able to get home.  What do  I do?                                                                            

You should provide the name of someone in Aberuthven your child can stay with (use appropriate tear off slip in your Emergency Closure Arrangements pack).  If no prior arrangement has been made, you should make contact with a family in Aberuthven where your child can go and notify the school of the arrangements you have made.  When conditions are bad in outlying areas, parents should not send their children to school if they are in any doubt.

• There has been heavy overnight snow. Will the school be open?

Your options to receive information about school closure:

• A message will be sent to you as early as possible via Seesaw
  • Listen to Radio Tay (or one of the other local radio stations) – for Frequencies see info in Emergency Closure Arrangements pack (Keep spare batteries for your radio handy!)
  • Phone Perth & Kinross Council Customer Service Centre – 0845 301 1100 (available from 8.00 am to 6.00 pm – may also operate from 7.00 am in exceptional circumstances) or the main Council line 01738 475000
  • Check the Council’s website – www.pkc.gov.uk where closures will be flagged up on the Home page or alternatively, access the information on http://www.pkc.gov.uk/Schoolclosures
  • For PKC Twitter and Facebook – www.pkc.gov.uk/socialmedia
  • Check our School Website and Twitter – https://blogs.glowscotland.org.uk/pk/aberuthvenprimaryschool/  @AberuthvenPS

• My children were sent home from school/the school did not open due to severe weather. When will it re-open?

-Information regarding school opening and any updates will be shared through Seesaw

-Check the Council’s website – www.pkc.gov.uk for updates.

-Check our School Website and Twitter –  https://blogs.glowscotland.org.uk/pk/aberuthvenprimaryschool/           @AberuthvenPS

Respect and opportunities for all