Weekly Update

This week we have been very busy investigating forces and looking at how gravity was discovered and how it can be tested.

Isaac Newton discovered gravity when an apple fell on his head and he wondered why the apple fell down instead of going in another direction. – Emma Blair

We investigated gravity by blowing bubbles and found that gravity pulled them to the ground.  Then we went outside and saw that air resistance worked against gravity to help the bubbles move – Naima Wang

In maths we have been dividing two digit numbers.

I enjoyed practising division and having the challenge of dividing three digit numbers – Nicole Wilson

In Big Maths I am getting very good at Jigsaw Numbers – Karly Skewis

We are making great progress with our Enterprise.  This week we created a company name and logo.

I was very pleased that the class choose my idea of ‘Magical Melts’ for our company name – Anthony Hume

I voted for Megan’s logo design because it was colourful and had a good image – Caleb Duffy

Baighley and Darby were delighted to pay a visit to Mrs Hunter to show off their good work in writing this week.  They both wrote a fantastic set of instruction and were rewarded with ticket to the tea party.  Lucky them!