Friday’s Home Learning

🎉 Friday🎉

Its Friday GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Can you believe we are at the end of another week – it is Friday again….our last Friday of p1/2!
I hope you have enjoyed our Health Week. After today we only have 3 more days left until the end of term. 
On Monday I will not post on the class blog – instead, you can take part in North Lanarkshire’s Virtual Sports Day! Mr Green will post all the information on the main blog for you. 
In p1/2 we all have lovely friendships and Miss Murray was always so impressed with how kind you all were to each other. Today, to finish our Health and Wellbeing week,  we are going to learn about the importance of being kind and what it means to be a good friend to others

Warm Up:

• Watch this video to learn about what makes a good friend.

• One of the things that makes a good friend is being kind.  Being kind to others makes others feel good, but it also makes you feel good too.

Main Activity:

• I have put on a few different activities.  You can choose to do just one activity or you can do all of them….it’s up to you!

Kindness Bingo Card

• Can you complete all these acts of kindness on this Kindness Bingo card?

Elmo's World Kindness Bingo | Kids Coloring… | PBS KIDS for Parents

Kindness Questions

• Ask someone at home if they can please discuss these questions with you – remember to say please!

Kindness Questions - Use these discussion questions to talk about ...

Build a Friend

• What makes a good friend?  Talk about what makes a good friend with someone at home.  How would you like your friends to treat you?  How do you think a friend should treat another friend?
  • Draw a picture of a friend and try to write your ideas about what makes a good friend round your drawing.  There are a couple of examples below to give you an idea.
Build a Friend activity for positive friendship qualities | Friend ... Build a Friend activity for positive friendship qualities | Friend ...

Extra Challenge:

• Can you make a friendship bracelet or wristband for someone?
  • You could use daisies or dandelions from outside, or you could cut a piece of paper and use tape or glue to secure it. If you have coloured pencils at home you could decorate it with a design.

Heart Paper Bracelets for Kids - Printable Template (With images ...Sweet 'n' Simple Printable Bracelets | Handmade Charlotte

Fun Finisher:

• Read along with this story, ‘Be Kind’ by Pat Zietlow Millar

• Log into your Epic Reader account – I have assigned some books to you all about kindness and friendship.

Epic!: Kids' Books, Audio Books, Videos & eBooks – Apps on Google Play

2 thoughts on “Friday’s Home Learning”

1. Hi Miss Murray.

I Hope you are keeping well, I would like to say a big Thank you for being the best teacher, I have really enjoyed being in your class this term it has been lots of fun, fun, fun and I made new friends also. My 2 front teeth have fallen out over the last two days, it looks so funny. I miss you lots and lots and I am so excited to come back to school. Have a amazing summer holidays, see you in August.
    Ben L

HI Miss Murray
    I Just want to say a massive Thank you for teaching/supporting Ben through primary 2, He has really achieved so much and is very proud with his learning . I’m so proud of Ben. I hope you have a wonderful summer holidays. Take care Stay safe, See you in August.

1. Hi Ben!
      It is so nice to hear from you – I have been missing you! I saw some photos of you doing the NLC Sports Day on Monday – you looked like you were having loads of fun! You have had a great year in p1/2 – no wonder your Mum is so proud of you. Your teacher next year is very lucky to have you in their class! I can’t wait to see you in August….along with your two missing front teeth!! Have a great summer with your family. Miss Murray x