Tuesday Literacy Lesson

Morning p1/2,

It was such a nice day yesterday – it looks like today is going to be sunny too!Β 

Hot weather Puns

Well done to KP, BP, BL and MJ-S for all their super reading on Epic Books πŸ“š

Here are today’s online activities….

Tuesday’s LiteracyΒ 

Today in literacy I thought we could do some learning on fiction and non-fiction books.

Warm Up:

• Have you heard of ‘fiction books‘ and ‘non-fiction books‘? Try and have a guess at what you think the words might mean then watch the videos below to see if you’re right!

Were you right? So, fiction books are made up stories that are not real and non-fiction book have facts, they teach us something and have information that is true. Β 

Fiction and Nonfiction Poster Freebie (With images) | Kindergarten ...Fiction and Nonfiction Poster Freebie (With images) | Nonfiction ...

Main Activity:

• Read the title of each book from this worksheet and decide if it is fiction (made up – not real) or non-fiction (real information, teaches us something)
  • You can write the titles of the books (or draw pictures of the titles) in your jotter under the headings Non-Fiction and Fiction or just discuss them with someone at home

How to" writing and Non-fiction activities | Reading classroom ...

Extra Challenge:

• When I did a hunt around my house I found some nonfiction books; I found a dictionary, a recipe book and a book all about birds.
  • Go on a book hunt around your house and try and find some fiction books and non fiction books – how many of each can you find? Can you beat me?

Game/reading to Support Learning:

• Click on the link below and compare the fiction and nonfiction books. You can read along with the books or press on the button and listen to them be read to you
  • Non-fiction books vs Fiction books