Tuesday Literacy Lesson

Morning p1/2
Happy Tuesday to you all. Here are today’s lessons for you.ย 

Writing Tuesday

Child Writing Clipart - Kids Writing Clip Art , Free Transparent ...

Today is the day we do some work on our writing ๐Ÿ“ .ย  Remember it doesn’t matter if you don’t know how to spell a word – just sound it out and try your best to write it ๐Ÿคฉ.

Warm up:

• Start today by writing the alphabet in your jotter –ย  try and use your neatest handwriting
  • Make sure you remember tall, fall and small letters
  • You can choose to practice writing lowercase letters, uppercase letters or both!

Upper and Lower Case Letters Worksheet / Worksheet, worksheet

Main Activity:

• Look at the picture below.ย  Talk about it with someone at home. Think about these questions:
What is the weather like?
Are they a family?
What are they doing?
What are they doing with the bucket and spade?
Where are the children?
Is it the weekend or the school holidays?
  • Write about the picture using sentences.ย  Say your sentences out loud before you write them and read them back to make sure they make sense
  • Rememberย capital letters, finger spacesย andย full stops

The Park

Children in playground scene Royalty Free Vector Image

Extra Challenge
  • Can you include a joining word โ€“ย and,ย but, soย orย becauseย โ€“ to join two sentences together?
  • Can you use any describing words to add extra detail to your story e.g. blue bucket, green shorts
Game to Support Learning:
  • Dance along with Jack Hartman doing the alphabet

3 thoughts on “Tuesday Literacy Lesson”

1. Hello Miss Murray! We hope you are well ๐Ÿ™‚ Is it possible to get printable/pdf versions of the exercises?

1. Hi Jake and family! I hope you are all getting on OK at home – I’m sure you’re working really hard. Hopefully it will be nice and sunny again today! The blogs can be copied and pasted onto a word document for you to print out if that is easier? I usually take photographs of worksheets to put on – I checked and I was able to copy the images from the blog onto a word document. Let me know how you get on and if there’s anything else I can do to help. Miss Murray๐Ÿ™‚

2. Let me know if printing it from the blog doesn’t work and I’ll see if I can do anything else ๐Ÿ˜ƒ