29.04.20 Home Learning๐ŸŽ

Good morning everyone,

I canโ€™t believe that it is Wednesday already and we’re half way through another week. I hope that you are still managing to get outside for some fresh air. You are all doing wonderful work, keep it up! ๐Ÿ™‚

Here are yesterdayโ€™s addition answers that you can mark. I completed one sum and explained the process to Stephen then Stephen completed one sum and explained the process to me. We checked our answers together at the end. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Here are your tasks for today…

Wednesday 29th April

Literacy: Comprehension

Warm up task: Spelling practise

• I can read, write and order the letters in my spelling words accurately.

Word list:ย time, came,ย made, your, about, house, said, have, like, here. (revise)

Task: Record your date and title. Practise your spelling words in your jotter. You can choose an Activity from your grid. This could be: rainbow spelling, bubble words, ABC words (alphabetical order), curly words, word shapes, capital and lower case words or simply write out 4x in your jotter. Check over your work!

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Main Activity

• I can skim and scan the text.
  • I can answer in a full sentence.

This is the month of Ramadan which is an important event in the Islam calendar. Find out more here:

๐ŸŒœโญ Ramadan and Eid-ul-Fitr:ย https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFU9Cb0D6lo

๐ŸŒœโญ Seven things you need to know about Ramadan:ย https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/23286976

Ramadan Comprehension Task

Read the text โ€˜All about Ramadanโ€™ carefully twice. Take time to think about what you have read. Complete the questions Q1-Q7 in your jotter. Remember to take a new line for each answer, start with a capital letter and end with a full stop.

I have given you the quanswer (key words from the question to help you answer) in blue to help you start off your answer. โœย 

Read and check over your work then traffic light.๐Ÿšฆ

Finisher

Take part in a craft task to make a Crescent Moon and Star which is the symbol of Islam. You could even decorate it with glitter or other craft materials you have. ๐ŸŒœโญ

Maths: Subtraction

• I can choose the correct strategy to work out the missing number

Warm up task:ย Mental Maths. Record Q1-16 in your jotter.

Sometimes, it is more useful to use inverse operation (subtraction instead of addition) when making a given number.

Complete your ‘Make 20’ mental maths sums by adding on, from a larger number (?+12=20 so you add on from 12) or subtracting from a lower number (8+?=20 so you calculate 20 – 8).

There are other strategies we have practised in class to do our number bonds so use whichever way works best for you! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

You can even use a number line to help you if needed.

Check over your answers.ย ๐Ÿ”

Main activity: Subtracting 10’s and 1’s.

Task: Write Q1-16 in your jotter. Subtract your two-digit numbers using the mental strategy of taking away the Tens and then the Units. For example,

1. ย 44 – 13 = 31 (4-1 and 4-3)

Challenge: Can you try the same process and subtract 3-digit sums? Write 5 of your own and give them a try. What do you notice about your numbers?

Check over your answers and traffic light your work.๐Ÿšฆ

Finisher: Sumdogย – take part in at least 15 minutes of games today, our challenge with P4/5 is still on for two more days. ๐Ÿ†

Interested in Science? Today on Glasgow Science Centre at Home:

DNA EXTRACTION FROM STRAWBERRIES ๐Ÿ“

Wednesday 29 April. What is DNA? Where do you find it? In this experiment to try at home, Sabah will help you answer those questions and show you how you can extract strings of DNA from fruit. Check out the link to see which materials you will need. You will need adult permission and supervision. Aimed at over 7s.

Reminder: Blair Drummond Safari Park ๐ŸŒฒ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿ…๐Ÿต

You’re in for a real treat tomorrow as BDSP go LIVE from their sea lion pool at midday. ๐ŸŒŠ

Join Shonagh on Facebook and she’ll introduce you to their beautiful sea lions and tell you more about how they look after them at the Safari Park.

Have a lovely day! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Mrs Maher ๐ŸŽย