24.03.20 P4 Home Learning πŸ“šβœοΈβ­οΈ

Tuesday 24th March

Literacy: Handwriting

Warm up

• I can practise my baseline joins.

Task: Focus – Record your date, title and I can statement in your jotter. A. Practise joining ai from the baseline to the top. Copy the pattern into your jotter. B. Copy these letters into your jotter: ai, ay, and ey. Remember to join to the top of the next letter.πŸ˜€

Main Activity

• I can demonstrate my neatest handwriting.

Task: Extra – Record your title and I can in your jotter. Copy the ai and ay words neatly into your jotter. Take care when forming tall letters such as t, l and d and remember to rest y on the line with the tail falling slightly below.

Task: Extension – Record your title and I can in your jotter. Copy the poem into your jotter. Underline the letters that make the ai sound. Check over your capital letters, commas and your exclamation mark. πŸ“Β 

Challenge: can you find and record other words that make the same ai sound? (Hate, mate, weight, straight etc.) Record them in your jotter.

Finisher: Reading – Log into Oxford Owl by clicking on β€˜MyClassLogin’ at the top in pink and enter woodp4 with password as the password.

Click on MyBookshelf and search for a book of your choice via age, series or theme. Listen to the story twice and then you could read to/with and adult or a sibling. πŸ“šΒ 

Record the book title in your jotter and give it a rating out of 5 stars (1 ⭐  is poor > 5 ⭐ is excellent).

Maths: Addition

Warm up task: Mental Maths. Record your title, I can and Q1-16 in your jotter. Complete mental maths sheet 3:A2. Check over your answers. ✏

Main activity: 3-digit formal addition

• I can formally add 3 digit numbers by 3 digit numbers with no carrying.

Task: Record your title and I can in your jotter. Take your time to write out one sum at a time with neat digits written underneath each other and the + symbol to the left. This will help you keep the HTU in the correct columns. Use a ruler to draw your answer lines. Calculate each sum.

First, start by looking at the digits in the Units column and add them together. Next, do the same for the Tens column and finally the Hundreds column. Remember it’s easier to add the highest digit first so switch the digits around if you have to (for e.g. 7 + 2 is easier to work out mentally than 2 + 7 – switch the digits around). Use your fingers to help you count on accurately.Β πŸ‘πŸΌ

Check over your answers and traffic light your work.🚦

Finisher: Play 10 minutes of your ActiveLearn account. Click on my stuff and enter the games to play Bronze > Silver > Gold and collect coins. βž•

Sumdog Activity: Take part in at least 10 minutes of Sumdog Maths and Literacy games today.

WELL DONE to: LMcL, RC, CM, RB, SB, MB, AM, NS, LB, SS, IP and HD for taking part today and improving accuracy. πŸ†

Check out the Glasgow Science Centre at home to view:

CHAIN REACTION🧬πŸ§ͺ

Tuesday 24 March. Learn about nuclear fission, through our energy-packed ‘chain reaction’ exhibit from our Powering the Future exhibition. Suitable for all the family, ideal for ages 8 and over.

https://www.glasgowsciencecentre.org/gsc-at-home

Reminder: PE with Joe Wicks is live at 9am on YouTube. Why not search for The Body Coach TV and join in with the family – keep fit, active and healthy!

Mrs Maher πŸ˜ƒ