Thursday 23rd April 2020- Literacy

Good Morning boys and girls! Thank you for all of your fabulous e-mails. I have really enjoyed reading them.

If you’ve been enjoying some sunshine I hope you haven’t forgotten your sun cream! It looks like the next few days are going to be a scorcher! Stay Safe.

Starter:

Today, I want you to take on the role of the teacher again. Pretend you have taught a student just like yourself and are writing the report. Reports highlight all of the things you are able to do and give a next step.

Think about your learning of maths over the year. Think way back to the beginning if you can to Place Value, how many digits are in the highest number you can say? Can you partition them to say what each digit is worth? Are you going to continue working on rounding perhaps?

Think about addition and subtraction and all of your mental strategies, do you find a certain one easier to use or trickier?

Multiplication; how do you feel about your tables? Have you been practising? Can you multiply 2 digits by 1 digit or 2 digits by 2 or perhaps 3 digit by 1 digit etc.

Think about Division, did you learn any top tips? Was the formal method tricky? Think about Shape – can you describe 2D and 3D shapes (faces, vertices, sides) can you create a 3D shape from a net?

Think about angles-  can you name them? Can you measure them?

Think about Information Handling, did you enjoy creating surveys? Could you use tally marks? Could you present your data in a chart? Could you answer questions about which was most popular? Etc

Activity

I can identify 2 strengths and 2 next steps

Once you have warmed your brain up, answering those questions and thinking back. Perhaps looking back at the work you were doing from home before the Easter Holidays, can you identify at least 2 strengths from any topic within maths (something you can confidently do independently) and 2 next steps (something you would like more practise with).

Challenge:

Can you identify more than 2 strengths? Can you identify 1 from each maths topic mentioned above?

Finisher:

As always, check over your short paragraph, make sure it makes sense to read aloud and send it over to let me have a read 🙂

dpark@woodlands.n-lanark.sch.uk