Welcome Back

We are delighted to welcome all of our students back and look forward to a more settled acacademic year this year !

At the end of last term we said goodbye to Miss McKenna from the English Department and Mrs Bell from the Modern Languages Department.  We are delighted to report that Miss Sullivan, Mrs Fraser, Mrs Gonzalez and Mrs MacDonald will all be staying in the faculty.  Mr Campbell is going part-time and we are delighted to welcome Mrs Lamb who will join the English Department part-time and Mr Milarvie our new DHT who will also teach Modern Languages.

All students should be members of a MS Team for English.  IN S1-3 there are two teams for English depending on which register class a pupil is in.  Pupils should be in the appropriate team and work will then be posted on the channel for their teacher/s.   If any pupil is unsure if they are in the correct team or how to access their channel they should speak to their class teacher.

S1 & S2 should be a member of both the Spanish and the Frenh team for their appropriate year.

S3 should all be in the Spanish team for the Spanish for Life and work which is a compulsory class and which is taught one period per week.   If students have opted to study Spanish in S3 with a view to continuing study in S4 then they should also be in the S3 Spanish class team.

Students from S2-6 are asked to bring their jotters back as a record of their achievements.  Please ensure your child returns these records and can I ask at this time that you return any text books or English texts which you may have lying at home as lost books all have to be replaced.

If you have any questions or worries then please contact me via your child’s Pupil Support Teacher and I will be only too happy to help.  Myself and my team look forward to working with you and your young people in the year ahead.

Mrs Burton

Principal Teacher of Languages and Literacy.