St Kevin's Primary and Nursery

Starting Primary

Placing Request

You have the right to make a placing request for your child to be educated in a school, other than the local school. In December each year the authority will advertise it’s arrangements for placing requests. There are sound educational reasons for trying to ensure that the transfer or admission of children to a school takes place at the start of a school session. Other than those moving house, to a new area, parents are advised to time any placing requests so that they take effect from the beginning of the new school session. It is not possible to grant every placing request to a particular school. Placing requests to Primary School does not necessarily ensure your child will have a direct entry into the associated secondary. Advice on this should be sought from the Primary School Head Teacher. Further information can be found on the councils website.

Report a Glow concern
Cookie policy  Privacy policy

Glow Blogs uses cookies to enhance your experience on our service. By using this service or closing this message you consent to our use of those cookies. Please read our Cookie Policy.