St Bartholomew's Class Blog

P6b Daily Plan – Thursday 04.06.20

Good morning P6!

Here is today’s suggested plan. 🙂
Most of today’s tasks can be found within our virtual classroom which you will find on the righthand side of our Glow page.
The link below should take you straight to today’s virtual classroom:
https://glowscotland.sharepoint.com/sites/8503222/PupilArea/p5and6/Shared%20Documents/P6b%20Virtual%20Classroom%2004.06.20.pdf

9.00 – 10.35: LITERACY
09:00-09:30 Spelling (ALL):

– As this week is a consolidation week, choose around 4 or 5 words that you have found tricky that we have already covered and write them out in a fun spelling task of your choice.

09:30 – 10:35: Reading (ALL):
– Today we will be learning about the closest planet in our solar system to Earth – Mercury! Read through the passage I have uploaded to our Literacy section of Glow called ‘Mercury 04.06.20’ then answer the questions at the bottom of the passage! You will also find this task by clicking on the globe in our virtual classroom on the righthand side of our Glow page!
Let me know how you get on and send me any work you do! I love seeing all of your work!

10:50-12:30: NUMERACY:
Mental Maths (ALL)

– Open the folder called ‘Mental Maths’ within the Numeracy section of our Glow page. Complete Thursday of ‘01.06.20 Mental maths 2’. You will also find this task by clicking on the calculator in our virtual classroom on the righthand side of our Glow page!
– Practise the 8 and 9 times table.

Squares
– Today we are going to do some revision of comparing decimals. Open the ‘Squares’ folder within the Numeracy section of Glow. Go to the ‘Fractions, decimals and percentages’ folder and complete the exercise called ‘Comparing decimals 04.06.20’. Use the poster again that I uploaded
to glow on Tuesday to remind you of the greater than, less than and equal to symbols and remember to be careful not to get them mixed up!
All of the groups math tasks for today can be found by clicking your groups shape on the noticeboard in our virtual classroom found on the righthand side of our Glow page!

Triangles
– Open the ‘Triangles’ folder within the Numeracy section of Glow. Go to the folder called ‘Fractions, decimals and percentages’ and complete the exercise called ‘Comparing fractions 04.06.20′. I have also uploaded a poster to this folder to help remind you of the greater than, less than and equal to symbols that you will have to use for the first part of this exercise. Remember to be careful not to get them mixed up!

Circles
– Open ‘Circles’ folder within the Numeracy section of Glow. Go to folder named ‘Position and movement’. Complete the exercise called ‘Above and below 2 04.06.20.

1.15 – 3.00:
P.E. (ALL):

– Work out with Joe Wicks here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAxW1XT0iEJo0TYlRfn6rYQ
You will also find this task by clicking on the football in our virtual classroom on the righthand side of our Glow page!

Topic (ALL):
– Work on your projects again this afternoon. Try to finish these this week if possible and let me know how you are getting on with it! I have loved seeing your progress pictures so far!

Have an amazing day!
Miss Doyle 😀