St Bartholomew's Class Blog

P5 Daily Plan Thursday 4th June

Good morning boys and girls, I have loved seeing your work so far this week! You will find all of your resources for today on Glow and Class Dojo. I hope you enjoy your day!

Handwriting

• Open the Literacy folder on Glow and click on Handwriting.
  • Click on ‘Golden Sun Poem.’
  • Copy the poem in your neatest joined handwriting.

Comprehension – Sun Safety

• Open the Literacy folder on Glow and click on Comprehension.
  • Open the document called Sun Safety.
  • Read through the passage very carefully. You will be using this information for your writing task tomorrow so take your time!
  • There are questions to answer at the end of the passage, remember you should always be answering in full sentences.

Spelling

• Choose a fun spelling task to practice your new words for this week. Remember your words are in the spelling folder on Glow.

Maths – Converting Units of Length

• Open the Numeracy Folder on Glow.
  • Open the new folder called Measurement.
  • Click on the powerpoint called Converting Units of Length.
  • There is a word document with the screenshots of the powerpoint for you too incase you are unable to open the powerpoint.
  • Work through the activities on each slide.
  • Once you are finished have a go at the worksheet tasks that go along with the powerpoint, you can practice what you have learned!
  • All of the resources you need are also in the class story on Dojo if you have trouble accessing them on Glow.

Mental Maths – This week you have some word problems to solve for a change. They are in the mental maths folder on Glow and also in the Dojo Class Story.

Sumdog

Spend some time on Sumdog today, the house will be open for you!

Art

• This week we are going to try a Pop Art Portrait!
  • Remember Pop Art pictures have the same picture repeated four times in each of the boxes.
  • I have given you an example of a Pop Art Portrait which has already been drawn.
  • This is just to remind you of what yours should look like, you should draw your own to make the portraits look like you.
  • Once you have drawn yourself (4 times) you need to use bright colours to make you artwork Pop!
  • I can’t wait to see some finished examples.

P.E.

• Go noodle is still available at https://www.gonoodle.com/ if you click on the Good Energy at Home tab across the top of the page there should be some free activities for you to try.
  • Joe Wicks is still doing his classes every day.
  • Otherwise you could go on a bike ride, go for a walk, skip or play your favourite sport.

I would love to hear about any other fun activities you are doing once you are finished all of your tasks, I am sure you are all being very creative. Send me a message and some pictures if you can!

Enjoy your day boys and girls!

Miss Connor