P4/3 – Tuesday 12th May

Good morning everyone, I hope you had a lovely bank holiday weekend and are still staying safe.  Begin this morning with our morning prayer and an Our Father.

Literacy – Write out the words 3 times.  Use spelling strategies to help you spell them correctly.

P3 Common words – begin, follow, often, letter, woman

P4 Common words – quiet, quite, mumbled, important, quickly

Instructional Writing – Carrying on from last week, today I would like you to write the instructions for making a cup of tea or coffee.  You will need an adult to help or supervise with the hot water.  Think of the verbs you need to use to explain what to do.  I have attached a template for you but you don’t need to print this out, you can simply copy it into your jotter.

Making Tea

Remember to read a chapter of your personal novel today.

I have attached a mental maths challenge for you based on your times tables knowledge.  At the end, which times tables questions did you get wrong?  Go over this times table every day this week.

Times Table Challenge

We will continue with division this week.  In class, we used arrays to help us “see” divison.  Have a look at the clip below to help remind you.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/znj7hyc/articles/zhgjpg8

Remember last week I told you that multiplication and division are related. The attached worksheet is a mixture of word problems that need either multiplication or division to work out the answer.  There are 3 pages of problems, choose 2 from each page.  Now remember that 8 x 4 is the same as 4 x 8 so don’t panic if you don’t know the 8 times table – you know the 4!

Multiplication & Division word problems

Science

As the weather is so lovely and hopefully many of you are getting outside for some exercise or playtime, I thought it would be nice to gain some understanding of plants and flowers.  As we can’t go anywhere, many people are spending time in their gardens and the outdoors and perhaps planting seeds or flowers.  Maybe you have been asked to help.  Follow the link to gain an understanding on what plants need to live.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/znm4kmn

Something extra and fun!

My girls and I made puppets from paper this weekend and we put on a little puppet show for Darcey!  Here is the video we used to help us.  You might want to have a go!  It was good fun.

Primary 4 Communicants

Last week, Mrs Boyce publsihed the link for you to continue your Holy Communion preparation booklet at home.  I have attached it again below, try to complete as much of this as you can during this month.

https://www.rcdom.org.uk/other-resources

Have a lovely day!

Mrs G 🙂