Primary 4/3 – Thursday 7 May 2020

🌈🌈Good morning to our Primary 4/3 Superstars!!🌈🌈

I have enjoyed looking at all your work and I can see how hard you are working!!  I hope you had a lovely day in the sunshine yesterday.  The blue skies were amazing!!   I didn’t see a cloud in the sky.

Let’s begin with our morning prayer.   Can you remember how to say the Sign of the Cross in Spanish?🙏

Morning Prayer 

God our Father, as we prepare to begin our day’s work,

we ask you to help us to use properly the many gifts you have given us

so that we may fully benefit from our day together in school.

Amen

Now let’s say a Hail Mary in Spanish.  Close your eyes and take a moment to remember all of the people in the world who are in need of a little prayer.  We especially remember all of our NHS workers who are working so hard to help everyone who is sick in hospital.  I have attached a little card to help you with the words.

Once we have finished we will ask St Barbara to intercede for them.

St Barbara, Pray for them; St Barbara, Pray for them; St Barbara, Pray for them

**Primary 4 First Communicants**

Boys and girls I know most of your Communion Workbooks are in the classroom but I am attaching a link that will take you to an online copy so that you can work through your books with your parents when you can.  There is no need to print off the booklet.  If you record your work at the back of your home learning jotter we can transfer it into your Workbook once we are back in class.

https://www.rcdom.org.uk/other-resources

Please read the copyright information below:-

“Each Sacramental Workbook is copyright.  Consent is granted to copy, distribute and share these Sacramental Workbooks up to the time that our Government have allowed pupils return to normal school activities.  They will be removed from this website thereafter.  In downloading the content you agree to these terms.”

Health and Well-being

Okay boys and girls, let’s get started with a little bit of exercise to waken you up.  As we have been using Spanish already this morning, I thought it would be good to show your family our “Hula en español” exercise we do in assembly!!  Remember to get them to join in with you!!

You can use your daily walk to make up the rest of your exercise for today.

To begin our literacy I have attached the following document for you to choose your starter for today.  Remember I gave you the first page to complete last Thursday.   You can choose one for today.

find a word

As you have been doing a good bit of writing in your jotters over the week,  I have set you a task in First News – you will see that you have to complete the comprehension activity on the UK News article dated 4th May.  I really enjoyed reading about all the interesting things happening around the UK over the last week.  Remember you can revisit the article at any time to help you with your answers.  I will be checking your work so remember to give a detailed answer when asked to type the answer to any questions.

To finish off your literacy work today, find a quiet space and read for 15-20 minutes.  Remember if you are unsure of any words you come across, use a dictionary to look up the meaning.  Also find out which part of speech the word is.  You could record them in your jotters.

To get us started let’s recite our tables.  Start at the 3 times table and go as far as you can.  I think you could look at your grid for the stepping stones challenge,  Try to beat your record with a few of your tables today.  Remember what Mrs Graham was saying, know your tables really helps you with your division work.

Please choose one of the attached worksheets to practise your tables.

First Level Numbers and Number Processes Multiplication activities

First Level Numbers and Number Processes Six Times Table

Well boys and girls you have been working very hard over the week and remember to try as many activities as you can.  Please do not worry if some days you don’t get everything completed.  If you need any help remember to email me.  I will be available all day and you can get me on SBoyce@st-barbaras.n-lanark.sch.uk or gw09boyceshirley2@glow.sch.uk – you can also send me your work or upload onto Twitter.

Yesterday you looked at a very important event that happened 75 years ago.  We should have been on holiday on Monday 4 May but because of this important event the holiday was changed to tomorrow, Friday 8th May.   The link below will give you a few ideas of things that you could do, with your family, to celebrate this event.

https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/UKNLC/bulletins/28a2652

I know our holidays have not been quite the same over the last few months, but you will be able to relax with your families as you are having a break from your school work until next Tuesday when Mrs Graham will be back.

Finally remember to make some noise for all our NHS workers tonight at 8.00pm.  👏👏👏👏

Take care and keep smiling. 😃😃

Mrs Boyce x 🌈🌈