Primary 1a – Thursday 4th June

Good morning boys and girls. I hope you are all well and working hard at home. Let’s begin with our morning prayer:

God Our Father, as we prepare to begin our work, we ask you to help us, to use properly the many gifts you have given us, so that we may fully benefit from our day together. St Barbara pray for us🙏

Today I would like to to try this little game with a partner at home. Roll the dice to read the words in the row. If you do not have a dice you can challenge your partner to a speed read.  Time how fast you can read the “oo” words vertically and diagonally.  Good luck, I hope you win!!

T-L-4039-Phase-3-Long-oo-Phoneme-Roll-and-Read-Mat

Reading

The link below is a story about “oo”, this is your reading challenge for today. Well done to Charlie, Eryn, Rebecca and Steven for your super reading. You are doing so well on Scholastic and I have assigned you another book to read over the next few days if you can.  I’d love to hear some more of you recording your reading for me to hear.

t-l-53340-oo-long-vowel-sound-phoneme-spotter-story_ver_1

Common words

Practise your 3 new common words play, no, look in a fun way.

Copy and complete:

1. I like to ________ with my friends.

2. I always _________ both ways before I cross the road.

3. I say _____ thank you when I don’t want something.

Maths ⏰

Can you fill in your daily routine using o’clock times?
Time – homework

HWB

We were talking yesterday about how important it is to look after our bodies. Drinking plenty especially during exercise and warm weather to keep us hydrated.  Our bodies are amazing things.

Here is a little activity to keep you busy and at the same time learn about all of the parts that make up ‘US’!!

Have you got a roll of wallpaper lying around or if you have been receiving lots of packages (did you know all our posties are busier than their busiest time of the year, Christmas!) during lockdown and have cardboard boxes around I want you to lie them flat on the ground and get someone in your house to draw round you.  (The weather’s not looking that good today but should be dry so even do this task outside).

Here we have our template!!  Can you label and identify as many parts of the human body – all our organs?  See if you can have a good guess at where they are located.  Our heart 💓 should be easy, what about our lungs, liver etc.  Try to see how many you can find.  You could even put your artistic talents to good use and draw them in.

Remember to email your marvellous pictures to (Teacher’s Glow email) or upload it onto Twitter with an adult’s permission.

RE

As we know things just now are very different from what we are used to.  By now our new Primary 1 children would have been in to visit the school but, like you, they have not been able to come in for their visits.  We are thinking that it would be a lovely idea for you to say a little prayer for them.  In order to make them feel welcome to our school in August, I would like you to choose the word for your stage below, write/colour it on a sheet of paper, hold it up and ask an adult to take a picture of you holding your word with a big smile and if it is possible you could wear your uniform.  Please email your picture to (Teacher’s Glow email).  We will use these to make our Primary 1’s feel very welcome in school.

A    Great   Big      Welcome     To     St.     Barbara’s!

Primary 1 – A; Primary 5 – Great; Primary 4 – Big; Primary 6 – Welcome; Primary 2 – To; PRIMARY 3 – St. (remember the dot); Primary 7 – Barbara’s!

Do you remember our Easter Message?

We still miss you lots 😢!!

Have a great day boys and girls.

Mrs MacLeod 😁🌈