Primary 1b- Tuesday 2nd June

Good morning boys and girls🙋‍♀️

Welcome to a brand new month! Let’s hope the sunshine keeps up!☀️

This is the last month of your first year at primary school. I can’t believe how fast time has flown by, it seems like only yesterday that I was welcoming you into our class for the first time. I wish we could be spending this last month together but I am just so glad that you are all safe and well. I miss you lots but we have lots of amazing memories in Primary 1b to remember to keep us smiling!

I was working in the hub yesterday, it was great to see some familiar faces from our school. I hope you managed to enjoy the sunshine and complete some activities from your home learning grid.

We will begin our day as always, with our morning prayer.🙏🏻

God our Father, as we prepare to begin our work, we ask you to help us use properly, the many gifts you have given us, so that we may fully benefit from our day together in school. St. Barbara, pray for us.

Here is today’s overview:

DailyOverviewJune2nd

Literacy🔠

oo phoneme 📖 👀 👩‍🍳 

This week’s phoneme is oo

Here are some oo words for you to read and learn:

look

good

cook

book

roof

soon

Geraldine the Giraffe- Sound hunt 🦒

Now I would like you to have a LOOaround your house to see how many oo words you can spot!

Phoneme Task✍️

oo words task

Reading- Scholastic 📖

Now it is time for you to have a look on Scholastic. I would like you to read the really good book that I have assigned for you!

5 Dr. Seuss Quotes about Reading | Imagine Forest

Reading Challenge Time🌶

One thing I love is listening to you all reading each day in class. I am really missing hearing you all read. I would love if you could record yourself reading your Scholastic book today and send me your audio/video clip. You could record yourself on Scholastic or use an IPad or phone to record you reading.

Maths🔢

Time ⏰

I can tell from the pictures I have been sent, that a lot of you have been enjoying learning about time.

Look at the amazing clocks Layla and Chloe created. Well done girls!

It is important that we can tell the time because we have to do lots of things at certain times of the day.

What time do you start school?

What time does school finish?

What time do you usually go to bed?

What time does Father Campbell stream mass live on a Sunday?

On Friday you were learning how to tell the time to the hour on the analogue clock. How did  you get on telling the time using o’clock?

Remember:

When the short hand points to a number, this tells us how many hours it is.

When the minute hand is pointing to 12, it is showing a full hour.
We call this time ‘o’clock’.

Telling Time 🕰 

Join in and practise reading the time on the clock!

Parents, if you are looking for a clock to help practise o’clock with your child, I have included a useful link below. This is an excellent online resource which you can use to support your child.

https://www.topmarks.co.uk/time/teaching-clock

O’clock time quiz🕐❓

Now it’s time to test your knowledge of time. Click the link below to take part in Rodd’s time quiz challenge. Good luck!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/clips/zfn9jxs

Tell the Time 🕘

Complete the worksheets below.

timeworksheet

HWB🧘‍♂️🤸‍♀️🏊‍♂️⛹️‍♀️

With the hot weather that hopefully we have all been enjoying we are going to look at ways to help us stay hydrated.  We know that we need to drink plenty of water and ensure we do that more frequently during hot days.

Another great way to enjoy the hot weather is with a lovely cool Slushie!!

Yum Yum.  Below there is a great recipe, with a little bit of science thrown in, that lets you make a slush with your hands!! Yip that is right you don’t need a fancy NutriBullet or a blender, just your hands.  So here goes :

Instructions to make a cool mouth-watering smoothie!!

• Place one cup of your chosen juice into a small Ziploc bag and zip tight.
  • Place 4 cups of ice and half a cup of salt into a large Ziploc bag along with the juice bag and zip that tight too.
  • Shake the large bag over the sink or outside for 2-5 minutes or until the juice bag turns to slush.
  • Pour into a cup and enjoy!!

If you have your own recipe/method for making a Slushie please email this along with a picture of your Slushie to gw13mceleneylauren@glow.sch.uk or upload it onto Twitter with an adult’s permission.

R.E.🙏🏻

The Feast of Pentecost is a very important celebration in the Church’s year and watching the short clip below will give you a snapshot of the importance of this great celebration.

The Feast of Pentecost is seen as the Birthday of the Church.

The Holy Spirit came to the disciples not only as a reminder that Jesus would always be with them but so that they received the strength and courage to continue to build God’s kingdom, not only in Jerusalem but to ensure it reached the ends of the earth.  In John’s Gospel on Sunday we heard not only about Jesus’ word but about Jesus’ action, “he breathed on them and said receive the Holy Spirit”.  Jesus’ breath gives new life, eternal life into the disciples, giving them the courage to go out and spread the word by being given special gifts. Jesus gave them the gift of speaking different languages to be able to carry out his work all over the world.

The Holy Spirit came to us in the Sacrament of Baptism and will or has come again to us in the  Sacrament of Confirmation.  Talk to an adult about your Baptism/Confirmation(if you have made it yet).  Think about all the wonderful gifts God has given us and give thanks to the Lord for all that we have to be glad of.  Just like the disciples we give thanks to the Lord of all the gifts he has given us.  We are so grateful to God for always being with us.

🌟Primary 1b’s Wall of Fame🌟

Daniel’s excellent instructions on how to plant a seed. 🌱 

Image

Aaron’s amazing common words. 😀

Matthew’s wonderful instructions on how to plant a seed. 🌱

Holly’s amazing sun hat designs! Can you spot what she is wearing? 🧢 

I hope you have a Terrific Tuesday boys and girls.🥰

Try your best and just complete what you can.

Have fun and take plenty of breaks!

Please get in touch if you have any questions. ✉️

Miss McEleney😀🌈❣️

Motivation GIFs | Tenor