🌈🌈Primay 4/3 – Friday 15 May 2020🌈🌈

πŸ† IT’S SUMDOG COMPETITION TIME AGAIN!! πŸ†

GOOD MORNING PRIMARY 4/3

Happy Friday everyone.Β  Thank you to everyone that got in touch with me from their Glow accounts.Β  Well done!! πŸ‘πŸ‘

Let’s start the day with our morning prayer πŸ™. Β We could also say a Hail Mary remembering anyone who needs a little prayer.

NumeracyπŸ”’πŸ’»πŸ†

Today we are going to use our Numeracy time to start the Sumdog competition.Β  Remember that we are competing against all of the schools in North Lanarkshire .Β  So far there are 854 classes entered and during the last competition back in February/March we finished 21st!! Wow!! Let’s see if this time we can be even higher.

The rules of the competition are:

• 10 people need to play from your class to qualify, we need you all playing boys and girls.
  • you have until next Thursday at 8.00 pm to answer all of your questions

Remember there are 1000 questions, take your time, read your questions carefully and we will be well on our way to improving our class position.Β  We might even finish highest in the school!!Β  Watch out Primary 7 we are after your top spot from last time, when you finished an amazing 10th!! Β πŸ‘πŸ‘ Β So here goes boys and girls, your best is all that we ask. πŸ‘

LiteracyπŸ“

Test yourself on your common words.Β  Remember to think of all the strategies we know to help us spell challenging words.Β  How did you do?

Today we are going to use our novels for our work. πŸ“š

I would like you to take your favourite book that you have read over Lockdown.Β  I want you to imagine that no one has read this book – it is just about to be published.Β  When a new book is going to be launched the people that print the book use a variety of ways to publicise it.Β  You want to tell everyone about this new amazing book that is about to be launched.Β  Will you design a poster, record a TV ad,Β  write a news paper article; record a news report.Β  You decide!!

Include

• the title
  • the author
  • fiction/non-fiction
  • the story line, not giving too much away, you want people to buy your book
  • the launch date etc

Good luck everyone, I wonder who will persuade me to read their book!!

Health and Well-being πŸš΄β€β™€οΈπŸ•ΊπŸ€ΎπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ

I hope that you are remember to exercise every day.Β  Here’s a little activity to keep you active on your daily walk.

Art  🎨 

Here is a little art activity that you might like to use as you finish off your day.Β  It gives you great ideas to help you draw.

Boys and girls, you have been superstars all week and I have seen some fantastic work. Β β­οΈπŸ†Remember these activities are a guide and you should try your best to do what you can.Β  You can also choose an activity from your grid.

A great big thank you to your parents for helping us out so much with your home learning.Β  Take care and have a lovely weekend.

Mrs Graham will be back with you on Monday.

Take care and stay safe everyone.

Mrs Boyce x🌈🌈