Room 17's Blog

Just another blogs.glowscotland.org.uk – North Lanarkshire site

My Horse Riding Advice

Hi my name is Alana. I have been riding horses since I was only 4 years old and now I am 9 years old, I really enjoy it.  Most people think that horse riding is only sitting on a horse but that is the complete opposite.  Recently I finally got my own horse called  Jack and he is only 7 years old.  It is a lot of work taking care of your own horse because you need to groom the horse, feed it and ride it and come over every single day.  I have been to a couple of competitions with my own horse jumping high and doing cross country and lots of other different things like that.  It is very fun horse riding however if you want your own horse take this advice from me, it takes a lot of training to get your own horse.  And if you also get your own horse you need to bond with your own horse very very well. Having your own horse is like having your own dog but it is much more harder and it takes a lot more work than a dog. Oh and did I mention having one horse is like having fifty or more  dogs in one house with only one person looking after all  fifty or more of them?!  That sounds like a lot of work to do.  So that is my horse riding advice for the day.🐴🐴