Room 17's Blog

Just another blogs.glowscotland.org.uk – North Lanarkshire site

A year of P5 blog

Hi my name is Sean Stanford and I am 9 years old. I live in Motherwell with my mum, dad, brother and sister.  I am here to talk to you about what I’ve done in P5.  First of all we started doing art, we got an A1 piece of paper and worked with a partner to create a 3D footprint of our shoes.  Another event in P5 is French and Spanish.  We learnt a lot of things like ‘salut’ which means ‘hi’ in French and ‘hola’ which means ‘hello’ in Spanish.  In P5 we also get to go on school trips and walks up at Barons Hugh.  One of the school trips we went on was to New Lanark.  One of the most favourite for P5 is… Swimming.

In swimming we are split into 2 groups one does different types of sports such as basketball and badminton and the other does swimming.  After swimming finishes the groups swap over and the swimming group do the sports and the sports group do the swimming.  We got a new girl called Emma and now she is  involved in all these events too.  There was more events in the year like the Easter bonnet parade, the weekly wonders, sports evening, people getting on gold, if I’d said all the stuff I’d be here for years because there’s so many times we’ll probably be like almost 500!! That’s all about P5!  Bye👏